This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9155 / 52°54'55"N
Longitude: -2.2866 / 2°17'11"W
OS Eastings: 380822
OS Northings: 335380
OS Grid: SJ808353
Mapcode National: GBR 040.BNY
Mapcode Global: WH9C0.VZ99
Entry Name: Standon Hall (Now Part of Standon Hall Orthopaedic Hospital)
Listing Date: 25 April 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1294086
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272312
Location: Standon, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST21
Civil Parish: Standon
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Standon All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
Standon Hall (now part
of Standon Hall
SJ 83 NW 4/8 Orthopaedic Hospital)
1910-11. Architect: J Francis Doyle of Liverpool. Large former mansion set back
from road in grounds. Tudor style; L-shaped on plan; sandstone ashlar; 2 and 3
storeys; mullioned and transomed windows, pointed arched doorway with vaulted porch;
stone slate roof with stone stacks. Interior contains good Adam style fireplace
in former drawing room on east side of entrance and Jacobean overmantel re-used
in room to left of entrance.
Listing NGR: SJ8082235380
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings