History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block to Easton Neston House

A Grade II Listed Building in Easton Neston, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1384 / 52°8'18"N

Longitude: -0.9765 / 0°58'35"W

OS Eastings: 470147

OS Northings: 249391

OS Grid: SP701493

Mapcode National: GBR 9VZ.ZY3

Mapcode Global: VHDSJ.1J42

Entry Name: Stable Block to Easton Neston House

Listing Date: 1 December 1951

Last Amended: 15 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1294333

English Heritage Legacy ID: 234883

Location: Easton Neston, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Easton Neston

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Easton Neston St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Towcester

Listing Text

SP 7048 EASTON NESTON EASTON NESTON PARK

12/65 Stable block to Easton Neston
01/12/51 House
(Formerly listed as Stables of
Easton Neston House)

GV II


Stable block, now workshops. Probably early C19 and by John Raffield for 3rd
Earl of Pomfret. Rendered stone or brick, hipped, graded slate roofs. One and
two storeys; 9 bays. Courtyard plan. 2-storey, 1-window central entrance
pavilion has round-headed carriage arch with key block, rusticated stone
surround with imposts and vermiculated key block, blank lunette above with
similar key block, and pediment; chamfered quoins and moulded stone eaves.
Flanked by single-storey ranges with 4 blank windows either side with
round-arched heads and key blocks; impost band and chamfered quoins. Similar
pavilions to centre of side ranges enclosing courtyard with large round-arched
door to ground floor, lunette to 1st floor and pediment. Single-storey ranges
have round-arched doors and sash windows. Range facing entrance has central
2-storey, 5-window coach-house with round-arched doors and bulls-eye windows to
loft above, all with stone surrounds, those to doors with imposts and key
blocks; stone plinth and central weather-vane to roof. 3-bay flanking ranges
have segmental-arched doors with imposts and key blocks. Interior: entrance
carriageway has neo-classical plasterwork to ceiling. Circular niches with hay
racks in stables. Converted into engineering workshops.


Listing NGR: SP7014749391

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.