History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

43, Bridge Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Mole Valley, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 51.2945 / 51°17'40"N

Longitude: -0.3314 / 0°19'52"W

OS Eastings: 516440

OS Northings: 156367

OS Grid: TQ164563

Mapcode National: GBR 6P.C3P

Mapcode Global: VHGRV.6QPG

Entry Name: 43, Bridge Street

Listing Date: 7 September 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1294401

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290497

Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, KT22

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

Town: Mole Valley

Electoral Ward/Division: Leatherhead South

Built-Up Area: Leatherhead

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Leatherhead

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

TQ 1656 SW (south side)
No. 43


House, now office. Early C19, altered. Facade of stock brick in Flemish bond,
the side and rear of flint with brick dressings; modern tiled roof. Rectangular
double-depth plan. Three storeys and 3 bays over a basement, symmetrical; the
ground floor (the lower part of which is covered by unsympathetic boarding) has
openings in round-headed arched recesses: a central doorway (up 4 steps) with
fluted wooden surround and fanlight with radiating glazing bars, flanked by 12-
pane sashed windows with gauged brick heads (a ventilator inserted in each
window, and a large signboard over the doorway and smaller ones over the
windows, all with boxed lights over them); the upper floors have blind windows
in the centre and sashed windows of 12 and 9 panes respectively, and all have
gauged brick heads. Projecting eaves, gable chimneys. The left return wall is
built of flint and the chimney stack, which is extruded, of brick. Rear: 2-storey
rear wall of flint with brick quoins and dressings, the ground floor reduced by
higher ground to a basement, the area round this and a bridge over it in the
centre protected by elegant wrought-iron bar railings with Greek-key bands at
the top and bottom (but those to the right damaged); segmental-headed sashed
windows at the lower level, a doorway under a 16-pane fixed window in the
centre of the upper level and 16-pane sashed windows in the outer bays; dormer
over centre. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: TQ1644056367

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.