History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

10, 12, 14 and 18, Church Road

A Grade II Listed Building in Bookham North, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 51.2798 / 51°16'47"N

Longitude: -0.375 / 0°22'30"W

OS Eastings: 513434

OS Northings: 154664

OS Grid: TQ134546

Mapcode National: GBR HFW.N0N

Mapcode Global: VHFVK.G336

Entry Name: 10, 12, 14 and 18, Church Road

Listing Date: 7 September 1951

Last Amended: 24 August 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1294524

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290453

Location: Mole Valley, Surrey, KT23

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

Electoral Ward/Division: Bookham North

Parish: Non Civil Parish

Built-Up Area: Leatherhead

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Great Bookham

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

TQ 1354 NW (east side)

7.9.51 Nos.10, 12, 14, and 18
(formerly listed as
Nos 5, 6, & 7 Church Place)


House, now office, with 2 cottages to rear. C17 and C18, altered. Brick, the
front element (Nos.14 and 18: there is no No.16) on a flint plinth with small
flint-walled addition, now all painted white; red tile roofs. L-plan formed by 2-
unit front element with addition at right-hand end, and 4-unit range to the
rear. No.18 is 2 storeys and 2 bays (plus a single-storey addition to the right),
with a high plinth and a 2-course band; the doorway, offset left of centre, has 3
steps breaking through the plinth, a modern glazed door with a simple wooden
cornice, a timber lintel run out left over a 4-pane fixed window, a 6-pane fixed
window to the right with a similar timber lintel, a large sign-board attached at
1st floor, and two 2-fight casements beneath the eaves. Modern chimney stack
attached to left gable wall, The addition to the right (probably a former shop)
has a bowed fixed window with glazing bars covering a smaller splayed opening,
and a former doorway in the gable wall altered as a bow window. The rear
range (Nos.10 and 12), is 2 storeys with 5 windows at 1st floor, has a 3-course
band (the date "1734" scratched on No.12), a modern flat-roofed glazed porch to
No.12, a gabled brick porch to No.16, altered casements on both floors, and a
ridge chimney at the junction with No.18. The rear of this range has a full-
height lean-to addition with asbestos sheet roof. Interior: rear range (Nos. 10
and 12) has a queen-post roof of 4 trusses, all with 3 queen-posts, and with
clasped purlins trenched into the collars, straight windbraces, and common
rafters, and some simple carpenter's marks.

Listing NGR: TQ1679056331

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.