This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2429 / 51°14'34"N
Longitude: -0.0571 / 0°3'25"W
OS Eastings: 535710
OS Northings: 151096
OS Grid: TQ357510
Mapcode National: GBR KKJ.4C1
Mapcode Global: VHGSC.Y1N0
Entry Name: The Old Packhouse
Listing Date: 11 June 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1294724
English Heritage Legacy ID: 287737
Location: Godstone, Tandridge, Surrey, RH9
Civil Parish: Godstone
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Godstone and Blindley Heath
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ 35SE GODSTONE C.P. CHURCH LANE
6/76 The Old Packhouse
House. Early C15 hall house with wing to south added in late C16,
restored in C19 and C20. Timber framed, on rubblestone plinth with
whitewashed, rendered infill; plain tiled roofs, half hipped with
end gablets on range to right. End stack to left, ridge stack to centre
of right hand range and large, offset stack to rear left. L shaped
with wing to rear right. Two storeys, originally four bay hall house
with two bay gable front wing to front left and projecting wing to
right with first floor jettied on corner brackets; extensive curved
bracing visible. C19 diamond pattern, leaded, casements, diamond
shaped wooden mullions to first floor window on left side of right
hand wing. Planked door to right end of recessed centre bays.
Pentice roof addition--to right set back with dormer above.
Interior: Extensive timber framing visible. Traces of service door
openings remain. Square crown post with enlarged square base and double
Listing NGR: TQ3571051096
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings