History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Manor

A Grade II Listed Building in Swinford, Leicestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.4104 / 52°24'37"N

Longitude: -1.1638 / 1°9'49"W

OS Eastings: 456973

OS Northings: 279480

OS Grid: SP569794

Mapcode National: GBR 8Q4.SP4

Mapcode Global: VHCTL.SP22

Entry Name: The Old Manor

Listing Date: 8 December 1972

Last Amended: 24 February 1993

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1294727

English Heritage Legacy ID: 191479

Location: Swinford, Harborough, Leicestershire, LE17

County: Leicestershire

District: Harborough

Civil Parish: Swinford

Built-Up Area: Swinford

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Swinford All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Lutterworth

Listing Text

SP 57 NE SWINFORD NORTH STREET
(south side)

7/65 The Old Manor (formerly
listed as Offord's Shop,
8.12.77 Cottage adjoining on
south, and Old Bakehouse
and Cottage adjoining
next but one to Offord's
Shop)

GV II

The address and the previous listing date shall be amended to
two separate items and a description added for Old
Bakehouse:-

SP 57 NE SWINFORD NORTH STREET
(south side)

7/65 The Old Manor (formerly
listed as Offord's Shop,
8.12.72 Cottage adjoining
Offord's Shop on south)
GV II

------------------------------------

SP 57 NE SWINFORD NORTH STREET
(south side)

7/65 the Old Manor, (formerly
08/12/77 listed as offord's Shop,
Cottage adjoining on
south, and Old Bakehouse
and Cottage adjoining
next but one to Offord's
Shop

GV II

House. 1690, C20 alterations. Brick, some stone. Plain tile
roof with stone coped gables with kneelers. Single, central
ridge stack. Rubblestone plinth. 1st floor brick band. 2
storeys and attic. North front: 4 bays. Off-centre doorway with
C20 panelled door and flat arch. To left a single 2-light
casement with segmental arch. To right a smaller fixed-light
window followed by another 2-light casement, both with segmental
arches. Above, a central, small fixed-light window with
segmental arch, and to left and right, single 2-light casements
with flat arches. East gable end wall has a 2-light casement
with flat arch. Above, a 2-light casement with cambered arch.
Above this, a datestone with hoodmould, inscribed, TP 1690.
Above again in the gable a small fixed-light window with flat
arch. All C20 windows. Lower rear wing returns to south along
High Street, 1 storey and attic, 3 casement window and 2 gable
dormers.


Listing NGR: SP5694779521

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.