History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Stretton, Leicestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5954 / 52°35'43"N

Longitude: -1.0161 / 1°0'57"W

OS Eastings: 466745

OS Northings: 300185

OS Grid: SK667001

Mapcode National: GBR 9PJ.7XY

Mapcode Global: WHFKX.C1D4

Entry Name: Manor House

Listing Date: 29 December 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1294801

English Heritage Legacy ID: 190736

Location: Little Stretton, Harborough, Leicestershire, LE2

County: Leicestershire

District: Harborough

Civil Parish: Little Stretton

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Gaulby Group

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Great Glen

Listing Text

LITTLE STRETTON

SK 60 SE
5/74
29.12.66 Manor House

GV II

House. C18, part dated 1774. Red brick and Welsh slate twin span roof with
brick ridge, valley and rear stacks. Wide pedimented gable to left on front
of long cross wing. Here 2 bands. Twin span roof to right of this, though
spans not of equal length. Wooden modillion cornice continuing round pediment
and across right gable end. Lead and brick coped gables. 2 and 2½ storeys.
Section to left of 2½ storeys of 3 2-light wooden mullion and transom windows.
On 2nd floor a small 2-light either side central 2-light with round arched
head. This breaks cornice and rises into tympanum. Section to right of 2
storeys of 3 6/6 sashes. 2 similar below with, on left, a pedimented doorcase.
Part-glazed door and fanlight. Further 6/6 sashes on right end on both spans.
On left end a front of 2½ storeys of 5 wooden mullion and transom wimdows
with small attic 2-lights beneath cornice. Leaded lights on 1st and 2nd floors.
Central part-glazed door with overlight and bracketted canopy. Further 6/6
sashes to rear. Gauged brick lintels overall. Inside on ground floor is
a late C18 carved white marble fireplace inlaid with yellow marble. This
was originally on 1st floor. A brick on the cross wing is inscribed 'D.M.
1774'. Pevsner.


Listing NGR: SK6674500185

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.