History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Two Monuments in Churchyard, About 11 Metres South South West of South Transepts, Church of St Peter and St Paul

A Grade II Listed Building in South Petherton, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.9482 / 50°56'53"N

Longitude: -2.8094 / 2°48'33"W

OS Eastings: 343235

OS Northings: 116837

OS Grid: ST432168

Mapcode National: GBR MF.NJ23

Mapcode Global: FRA 560L.MBY

Entry Name: Two Monuments in Churchyard, About 11 Metres South South West of South Transepts, Church of St Peter and St Paul

Listing Date: 18 February 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1294838

English Heritage Legacy ID: 264260

Location: South Petherton, South Somerset, Somerset, TA13

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

Civil Parish: South Petherton

Built-Up Area: South Petherton

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Church of England Parish: South Petherton with the Seavingtons and the Lambrooks

Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells

Find accommodation in
South Petherton

Listing Text

ST4316 SOUTH PETHERTON CP WEST STREET (East side)

7/175 Two monuments in churchyard,
about 11 metres south south west
of south transept, Church of St
Peter and St Paul


GV II

Two C18 Chest tombs: a) Cabill monument about 10 metres south-south-west of transept: C18. Ham stone. Moulded plinth;
one ovolo-mould panel each face, with pilasters carved with vases of flowers to flanks, no frieze; cavetto mould coving
to heavy hipped top with rounded leading edges - an unusual version of the type. Commemorates Hadrian (?) Cabill, died
1704, and others. b) Weare monument about 12 metres south-south-west of transept: C18. Ham stone. Moulded plinth on
step; one fielded panel each face, with single-panel pilasters to flanks, no frieze; moulded coving to shallow hipped
top, rounded leading edges. Commemorates John Weare, died 1765.


Listing NGR: ST4323516837

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.