History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Garden Wall and Summerhouse Adjoining High Hatton Hall to West

A Grade II Listed Building in Stanton upon Hine Heath, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8201 / 52°49'12"N

Longitude: -2.5858 / 2°35'8"W

OS Eastings: 360622

OS Northings: 324884

OS Grid: SJ606248

Mapcode National: GBR 7Q.VGD3

Mapcode Global: WH9CG.7CYX

Entry Name: Garden Wall and Summerhouse Adjoining High Hatton Hall to West

Listing Date: 29 October 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1294895

English Heritage Legacy ID: 260137

Location: Stanton upon Hine Heath, Shropshire, SY4

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Stanton upon Hine Heath

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Stanton-upon-Hine Heath St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Weston

Listing Text

SJ 62 SW STANTON UPON HINE HIGH HATTON
HEATH C.P.
10/141 Garden Wall and
- Summerhouse adjoining
High Hatton Hall
to west

GV II

Garden wall and summerhouse. Probably circa 1762, possibly by Thomas Farnolls
Pritchard. Red brick wall with grey sandstone coping, ramped up to
central summerhouse. Wall approximately 2.5 metres high and 70 metres
long, returning at each end. Left-hand return with 2 altered depressed
arches, impost band, and lean-to shed at rear. Summerhouse: red brick
with grey sandstone ashlar dressings; plain tile roof with parapeted
gables. Open triangular pedimented gable to front with stone coping
and truncated finial, and circular stone sundial in tympanum with gnomon.
Four stone steps up to entrance consisting of Palladian motif with gauged
brick piers and head (blocked side lights). Circular windows in rear
and left-hand side walls. Short flanking walls with stone-banded end
piers. Interior: no floor at time of survey (January 1986). The wall
and summerhouse probably date from the same time as High Hatton Hall
(q.v.) which is dated 1762.


Listing NGR: SJ6062224884

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.