This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3527 / 51°21'9"N
Longitude: -0.4173 / 0°25'2"W
OS Eastings: 510312
OS Northings: 162706
OS Grid: TQ103627
Mapcode National: GBR 41.FH8
Mapcode Global: VHFV4.Q88B
Entry Name: Burhill Club House
Listing Date: 16 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1294959
English Heritage Legacy ID: 286596
Location: Elmbridge, Surrey, KT12
Electoral Ward/Division: Weybridge St George's Hill
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Hersham
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 16SW BOROUGH OF ELMBRIDGE BURHILL PARK
5/21 Burhill Club House.
Country House, now Clubhouse. Circa 1840. Rendered with modillion eaves cornice
and balustrade to hipped, slate roofs. Rendered stacks to left and right. 2
storeys over basement to left, rendered quoins to ends and plat band over ground
floor. 7 bays, sash windows in projecting surrounds to first floor with scroll
bracket cills. Tri-partitie first floor centre window with Doric pier mullions
and segmental pediment over centre light. Ground floor windows in architrave
surrounds and triangular pediments over. Doubled panelled and part-glazed doors
under fanlight ,with flanking, round-arched windows separated by Doric pilasters
to centre. Single storey, balustraded, triple arched portico on four Doric
columns. Three bays set back to left with projecting, channelled ground floor.
Cornice and chain link balustrade to top. Further four bay block to left end:
2 sroeys with attic, balconies to first floor centre windows. Two windows with
pediments on channelled ground floor.
Listing NGR: TQ1031262706
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings