This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8769 / 52°52'36"N
Longitude: -0.7557 / 0°45'20"W
OS Eastings: 483840
OS Northings: 331774
OS Grid: SK838317
Mapcode National: GBR CP1.MR9
Mapcode Global: WHFJH.CYDC
Entry Name: Church of St Michael and All Angels
Listing Date: 1 January 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1295028
English Heritage Legacy ID: 190025
Location: Belvoir, Melton, Leicestershire, NG32
Civil Parish: Belvoir
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Harston (High Framland Parishes)
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 8231-8331 BELVOIR Harston
44/203 Church of St Michael
and All Angels
Parish church. Late C14 west tower, nave 1888, chancel and south chapel
1871 by C. Kirk. Coursed ironstone and slate roofs. 3 stage tower
supported on angle buttresses. Lancet west window ,single light to ringing
chamber and 2-light belfry windows, all C19. String course below belfry
and below crenellated parapet. Gabled south porch of 1888 and 2 2-light
south windows in late Flowing style, each separated by stepped buttresses.
4 similar north window bays. 3 lancets to north chancel, one to south.
South chapel impinges on nave and is similarly lit though lancets. 3
stepped lancets to east end. Interior. Octagonal traceried font, the stem
C15, the bowl 1888. Triple chamfered tower arch on corbels. C19 scissor
braced nave roof with 5 subsidiary arched braces on corbels. Chancel arch
with Early English circular responds on waterholding bases and with moulded
capitals. To either side are hollow chamfer mouldings. The arch itself
has undercut mouldings. Chancel roof is a simpler version of that to nave:
it has no arched braces. Windows of chancel shafted in interior. Chapel
with 3-bay arcade of double columns arranged as a screen. Mid C17 panelled
pulpit, of which 3 sides only remain. In porch stands an interlace Saxon
stone with cable border.
Listing NGR: SK8384031774
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings