History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Office Building 30 Metres to Rear of Farnham Road Hospital

A Grade II Listed Building in Guildford, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2353 / 51°14'7"N

Longitude: -0.5854 / 0°35'7"W

OS Eastings: 498858

OS Northings: 149406

OS Grid: SU988494

Mapcode National: GBR FCJ.GTS

Mapcode Global: VHFVM.S6XW

Entry Name: Office Building 30 Metres to Rear of Farnham Road Hospital

Listing Date: 15 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1295130

English Heritage Legacy ID: 288911

Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU2

County: Surrey

District: Guildford

Town: Guildford

Electoral Ward/Division: Friary and St Nicolas

Built-Up Area: Guildford

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Guildford St Nicolas

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Guildford

Listing Text

In the entry for;
GUILDFORD
SU 94NE FARNHAM ROAD
(North Side)
3/49 Office building
30 metres to rear
of Farnham Road
Hospital
GV II
The entry shall be amended to read:
SU 94 NE GUILDFORD FARNHAM ROAD
(North side)
Office building
30 metres to rear
of Farnham Road
GV II
Office; former hospital service building, possibly a laundry. circa 1866
altered in the C20. Coursed sandstone block with brick dressings and C20
hipped machine tiled roofs. Two storeys on the three bay centre block with
single storey wings to ends and C20 addition to rear. Diagonal brick cogging
over ground floor of centre block, brick plat bands to eaves of side wings.
Three segmentally-headed, glazing bar sash windows in brick surrounds on the
first floor, and one similar to ground floor left in centre block. One
16-pane, glazing-bar sash under rebuilt gauged brick head to ground floor
right on centre block. Central half-glazed door. One 6-pane sash to right
hand wing, one window on left hand wing. Three narrow windows on right hand
return front. The hospital (qv) which the building served was opened in 1866.
Included for group value.


Listing NGR: SU9885849406

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.