This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.709 / 52°42'32"N
Longitude: -1.3359 / 1°20'9"W
OS Eastings: 444966
OS Northings: 312572
OS Grid: SK449125
Mapcode National: GBR 7K2.532
Mapcode Global: WHDJ1.G53L
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 31 October 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1295209
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187868
Location: North West Leicestershire, Leicestershire, LE67
District: North West Leicestershire
Town: North West Leicestershire
Electoral Ward/Division: Bardon
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Bardon Hil St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SK 41 SW COALVILLE BARDON ROAD
Church of St Peter
Church, 1898 by J B Everard, of Charnwood granite rubble with ashlar dressings and
Swithland slate roofs. Gothic Revival, using Early English and Geometrical motifs.
Nave and chancel in one, SW porch, 2 S chapels with coped gables, N vestry and N
aisle, NW tower with saddleback roof and fleche, twin bell-openings, cusped oculi in
gables and stair turret in the form of a buttress. Low W narthex with lean-to
roof. Triple cusped lancets in arched recesses to nave, windows to chancel with
"Geometrical" tracery - 3 light E window and spherical triangles to N and S. Built
as a memorial to Mr and Mrs Breedon Everard.
Listing NGR: SK4496612572
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings