This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0619 / 51°3'42"N
Longitude: -3.2054 / 3°12'19"W
OS Eastings: 315624
OS Northings: 129861
OS Grid: ST156298
Mapcode National: GBR LW.FKR1
Mapcode Global: FRA 4659.WK6
Entry Name: Sandhill Park Hospital
Listing Date: 4 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1295317
English Heritage Legacy ID: 270268
Location: Bishop's Lydeard, Taunton Deane, Somerset, TA4
District: Taunton Deane
Civil Parish: Bishop's Lydeard
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST12NE BISHOP'S LYDEARD CP
7/57 Sandhill Park Hospital
Country house, now hospital. Circa 1720, portico and wings added circa 1815, altered late C19. Red sandstone ashlar
front with Ham stone dressings, Ham stone returns and flanking wings, quoin strips also distinguishing central
pedimented bay, hipped slate roof behind parapets brick stacks. Plan: 7 bay double pile block flanked by set back, 3
bay wings. 3 storeys, 2:3:2 bays, centre breaks forward, second floor 12 pane sash windows in lugged surrounds below
moulded cornice, first floor 12 pane sash windows with shouldered surrounds below the string course carried on console
blocks continued in pediment, central window with masque in keystone. Arched entrance centre, C19, double glazed doors,
set in paired column surround with coat of arms in spandrels approached by flight of 3 stepes and 3 bay colonnade of
paired Tuscan columns with paterae and triglyph frieze carrying shallow pediment with armorial bearings in the typanum.
Wooden boarded soffit, patterned pebble pavement in forecourt. 5 bay returns left and right latter with 3 bay canted
window carrying similar frieze to colonnade. Set back flanking 3 bay wings, sash windows in similar surrounds below
parapet. Interior: hall contains rococo plasterwork of circa 1750, front room left and room on right return late C19
plaster decoration. (Photographs in NMR).
Listing NGR: ST1562429861
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings