This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2211 / 51°13'15"N
Longitude: -2.401 / 2°24'3"W
OS Eastings: 372090
OS Northings: 146954
OS Grid: ST720469
Mapcode National: GBR MZ.3CJ5
Mapcode Global: VH97C.BKJR
Entry Name: Coach House and Stables, 60 Metres South-East of the Chantry
Listing Date: 11 March 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1295468
English Heritage Legacy ID: 266900
Location: Whatley, Mendip, Somerset, BA11
Civil Parish: Whatley
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST74NW WHATLEY CP CHANTRY
3/204 Coach House and stables, 60
metres South-East of The Chantry
Coach house and stables, now dwelling. Circa 1826 by John Pinch for James Fussell. Bath stone ashlar, plain band at
first floor level, hipped slate roof behind cornice and parapet, 2 ashlar stacks. Classical. 2-storeys, 1:1:1 bays,
centre breaking forward slightly under triangular pediment, below semi-circular head sash window with glazing bars,
wide semi-circular archway on ground floor; outer bays have glazing bar sash windows. Left return of 2-bays has
casement windows with semi-circular heads on first floor, below C20 openings.
Listing NGR: ST7209046954
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings