This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9645 / 50°57'52"N
Longitude: -2.4569 / 2°27'24"W
OS Eastings: 368013
OS Northings: 118444
OS Grid: ST680184
Mapcode National: GBR MX.MHCS
Mapcode Global: FRA 56RK.DPF
Entry Name: The Orangery, Attached to the South West Corner of Ven House
Listing Date: 24 March 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1295483
English Heritage Legacy ID: 261888
Location: Milborne Port, South Somerset, Somerset, DT9
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Milborne Port
Built-Up Area: Milborne Port
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST61NE MILBORNE PORT CP LONDON ROAD (South side)
5/151 The Orangery, attached to the
South West corner of Ven House
Orangery. 1835-36, by Decimus Burton. Ashlar Ham stone base and piers; pitched timber and glass roof. Rectangular plan,
3 bays x 3.5 bays. Piers have Corinthian columns supporting full entablature, with urns to coping of central Eastern
bays 30-pane deep sash windows, doubled to all but bays 1 and 5 on East face: matching doors to bay 3 South face and
centre bay 3 East face. West wall solid brickwork. Timber trussed roof; raised earth bed in centre of orangery. Covered
staircase approach from North West. Part of the setting to an important Country House.
Listing NGR: ST6801318444
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings