This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7328 / 52°43'58"N
Longitude: -2.8228 / 2°49'22"W
OS Eastings: 344536
OS Northings: 315339
OS Grid: SJ445153
Mapcode National: GBR BF.0XC1
Mapcode Global: WH8BL.MK0S
Entry Name: Woodlands Farmhouse
Listing Date: 27 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1295690
English Heritage Legacy ID: 259087
Location: Bicton, Shropshire, SY3
Civil Parish: Bicton
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Bicton Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
BICTON C.P. BICTON
SJ 41 NW
5/27 Woodlands Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Late C18 or early C19. Red brick with hipped slate roof.
Three storeys with 2-storey rear wing. North front: dentil brick
eaves cornice. Pair of integral lateral brick stacks to rear. 3
bays; glazing bar sashes with painted stone cills and gauged-brick heads.
Outer first-floor windows and left-hand second-floor window are blind and
painted in imitation of sashes. Pair of central half-glazed doors
(lower parts panelled) with Ionic doorcase consisting of unfluted
pilasters with egg and dart ornament to capitals, frieze and cornice,and
segmental fanlight. Greek Doric stone porch (now enclosed)with pair of
columns in antis, full entablature, blocking course and cast-iron lattice
balustrade above; pair of probably c.1900 half-glazed doors with over-
light and side lights. Left-hand return front: one bay; boxed 16-pane
second-floor glazing bar sash, tripartite first-floor glazing bar sash
with painted stone cill and gauged-brick pronounced segmental head with
rendered tympanum, and c.1900 ground-floor flat-roofed square bay. Right-
hand return front: 3 bays; glazing bar sashes to first and second floors
and c.1900 ground-floor square bay. Rear wing: 2 storeys. Dentil brick
eaves cornice; brick ridge stacks. Three bays; glazing bar sashes and
mullioned and transomed wooden casements with painted stone cills and lintels.
Large central ground-floor round-arched blind recess. Half-glazed door to
left. Three-bay side elevations. Interior not inspected but staircase
noted: L-plan with swept flight, stick balusters and wreathed handrail.
The farmhouse stands within landscaped grounds, including a grotto (q.v.)
to the north-west and a small lake to the east.
Listing NGR: SJ4453615339
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings