This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1863 / 54°11'10"N
Longitude: -1.5948 / 1°35'41"W
OS Eastings: 426537
OS Northings: 476798
OS Grid: SE265767
Mapcode National: GBR KN91.J3
Mapcode Global: WHC7M.G1SK
Entry Name: Stables Approximately 30 Metres North-East of Old Sleningford Hall
Listing Date: 6 March 1967
Last Amended: 11 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1295839
English Heritage Legacy ID: 331110
Location: North Stainley with Sleningford, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG4
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: North Stainley with Sleningfor
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
SE 27 NE NORTH STAINLEY WITH OLD SLENINGFORD ROAD
SLENINGFORD (north side, off)
2/106 Stables approximately 30
metres north-east of Old
6.3.67 Sleningford Hall (formerly
listed as Stables at Old
Stables, now outbuildings. Early C19. Rendered rubble and brick, stone
slate roof. Courtyard plan with gateway and flanking walls on east side; to
north and south - low 2-storey ranges, each with a taller square l-bay tower
at the east end. The west side closed by a wall with narrow board door to
left. East (entrance) front: central gateway (gates missing) has square-
section piers approximately 2.5 metres high with shallow pyramidal caps.
Wall, same height with ashlar coping, links to towers to left and right.
Towers square with circular window to each floor, first-floor bands and
pyramidal roofs with louvred lanterns and weather vanes. Tower to left has
clock dated 1869 in former pigeon loft. Inner courtyard: left range - low
range with 2 stable-doors and 9-pane sashes. Right range - 2 pairs of
carriage doors, restored to right, and farm outbuildings. Opposite
entrance: high enclosing wall with narrow board door to left.
Listing NGR: SE2653776798
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings