This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1412 / 54°8'28"N
Longitude: -1.517 / 1°31'1"W
OS Eastings: 431654
OS Northings: 471810
OS Grid: SE316718
Mapcode National: GBR KNVK.C8
Mapcode Global: WHC7V.N5VN
Entry Name: Chapel of St Mary Magdalene
Listing Date: 27 May 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1295849
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330123
Location: Ripon, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG4
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Ripon
Built-Up Area: Ripon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Ripon Cathedral Parish with Littlethorpe
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 3171 RIPON MAGDALEN'S ROAD
1/31 (west side)
Chapel of St Mary
1868. Limestone ashlar. Slate roof. Nave and chancel without external division.
North-east vestry. Timber south porch with open cusped traceried sines. Open
octagonal bell turret on square base at north-west corner. Nave has paired lancets.
West window and "transept" have Geometrical bar tracery. East window has
History. See Chapel of the Hospital of St Mary Magdalene, Magdalen's Road (qv).
After the re-organisation of the Hospital in 1864, one of the trustees, Rev George
Mason gave £1,200 for the building of this, the second chapel.
Listing NGR: SE3165571812
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings