History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Chas Pickard Sports and the Kirk Forge

A Grade II Listed Building in Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.2687 / 54°16'7"N

Longitude: -0.9304 / 0°55'49"W

OS Eastings: 469755

OS Northings: 486416

OS Grid: SE697864

Mapcode National: GBR PMY2.CK

Mapcode Global: WHF9M.PY4Y

Entry Name: Chas Pickard Sports and the Kirk Forge

Listing Date: 5 June 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1295949

English Heritage Legacy ID: 328420

Location: Kirkbymoorside, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO62

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale

Civil Parish: Kirkbymoorside

Built-Up Area: Kirkbymoorside

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Kirkbymoorside All Saints

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Kirkbymoorside

Listing Text

SE 6886-6986 KIRKBYMOORSIDE PIERCY END
(east side)

Nos 17 (Chas Pickard
Sports) and No 19 (The
Kirk Forge)


GV II


Former ironworks, now shop and office. Late C18; remodelled 1863. Cast-
iron ground floor shop fronts; orange-red brick in Flemish bond to first
floor; ashlar quoins; dressed stone to rear; concrete pantile roof; brick
stacks. 2 shop fronts flanking a carriage arch leading to, workshops at
rear. 2-storey, 3-window front. The 2 shop fronts are framed in moulded
cast-iron pilasters under decorated consoles supporting elliptical arched
fascia panels above a frieze. Shop windows are plate glass divided in
centre by a slender cast-iron colonette. Left-hand shop has C19 half-glazed
and panelled door to right of window. Right-hand shop has C20 door. There
is an elliptical fanlight with Gothick glazing over the right-hand shop.
The words 'GAS' and 'WORKS' are cast into iron panels over the left and
right shops, and 'FOUNDRY' over the right front. There is a decorated
1863
cast-iron riser beneath the right-hand shop window. Three 12-pane sashes
beneath plain, heavy lintels to first floor. End stacks. Building to rear
not of special interest.


Listing NGR: SE6975886413

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.