This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0908 / 54°5'26"N
Longitude: -1.3806 / 1°22'50"W
OS Eastings: 440613
OS Northings: 466278
OS Grid: SE406662
Mapcode National: GBR LPS4.X9
Mapcode Global: WHD97.RFSR
Entry Name: The Old Court House
Listing Date: 30 January 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1295964
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330345
Location: Boroughbridge, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, YO51
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Boroughbridge
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
SE 4066 BOROUGHBRIDGE THE SQUARE, ALDBOROUGH
6/78 (south side)
The Old Court House
Former Court House. C18. Reddish-brown brick. Pantile roof with raised brick
verges Gable end to square. Stepped and dentilled eaves, carried across gable
end. Brick staircase to blocked 1st floor entrance in north gable end. Set into
staircase, a hammer-dressed stone shelf formerly used as a mounting block and a
plaque inscribed: 'The Old Court House of the Ancient Borough of Aldborough and
Boroughbridge at which the Members of Parliament were elected until 1832.' Slightly
lower extension to south. Two doors to east elevation.
Until the First Reform Act Aldborough was a pocket borough returning 2 MP's.
Group value with Stocks House and rest of Square.
Listing NGR: SE4061466277
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings