This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.1388 / 54°8'19"N
Longitude: -1.525 / 1°31'29"W
OS Eastings: 431133
OS Northings: 471548
OS Grid: SE311715
Mapcode National: GBR KNSL.N3
Mapcode Global: WHC7V.K71F
Entry Name: The Old Chapel (Premises Occupied by Yorkshire Hi-Fi)
Listing Date: 12 October 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1296013
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330040
Location: Ripon, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG4
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Ripon
Built-Up Area: Ripon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
SE 3171 RIPON COLTS GATE HILL
1/165 (north side)
The Old Chapel
GV (Premises occupied by
Disused Wesleyan Chapel, now a warehouse. 1861. First floor sill. Pediment and gable
with oculus and carved stone foliage in tympanum. Four round-arched sashes with
glazing bars, keystones and moulded imposts on first floor. Two segment-headed sashes
with keystones on ground floor. Two doors with fielded panels, semi-circular fanlight
with moulded voussoirs, imposts and keystones in joint Tuscan surround with four
¾ columns and entablature. Side elevation has 6 bays: similar windows on each floor
as on front. Rusticated quoins.
History. The Methodist Chapel on this site was visited by John Wesley in 1780. The
present building, opened in October 1861, cost £2,000, and was still in the classical
manner favoured by the Methodist church up to that time.
Listing NGR: SE3113371548
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings