History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

62-68, High Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Hertsmere, Hertfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6449 / 51°38'41"N

Longitude: -0.3658 / 0°21'56"W

OS Eastings: 513171

OS Northings: 195276

OS Grid: TQ131952

Mapcode National: GBR 53.VXB

Mapcode Global: VHFSM.LXZD

Entry Name: 62-68, High Street

Listing Date: 20 June 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1296182

English Heritage Legacy ID: 164144

Location: Hertsmere, Hertfordshire, WD23

County: Hertfordshire

District: Hertsmere

Town: Hertsmere

Electoral Ward/Division: Bushey St James

Built-Up Area: Bushey

Traditional County: Hertfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire

Church of England Parish: Bushey

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Watford

Listing Text

TQ 1395 BUSHEY HIGH STREET
(North side)
Bushey

13/96 Nos. 62 to 68 (even)
20.6.85
- II


House, now shops and flat. Late C15 or early C16, altered C19/C20.
Timber frame, rendered. Tiled roofs. Double ended hall house, 2-bay hall
with 2-bay projecting cross wings originally jettied. 2 storeys. Ground
floor shop fronts that to right is C19 with fluted pilasters and a
cornice. First floor: 4-light casement to hall. Two C19 sashes in
reveals in left or service wing. Right or parlour wing has a 3-part
casement, 2 small lights to centre with larger flanking lights, leaded
panes. Half hips to front on wings with decorative bargeboards and
eavesboard to hall. C19 cross axial ridge stack at left end of hall.
Parlour wing has slightly lower ridge with a tall stack at right end.
Service wing extends further back and is half hipped to rear. Another
half hipped wing projects to rear of hall. Interior: parlour/solar wing
has exposed timbers. Jowled posts, cambered tie beams, curved braces in
walling and curved wind braces. The building was from 1774 to 1928 the
Robin Hood Inn. (RCHM Typescript)


Listing NGR: TQ1317195276

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.