This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0402 / 54°2'24"N
Longitude: -1.0268 / 1°1'36"W
OS Eastings: 463832
OS Northings: 460905
OS Grid: SE638609
Mapcode National: GBR PP8Q.HG
Mapcode Global: WHFBR.6QB2
Entry Name: Station House
Listing Date: 12 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1296242
English Heritage Legacy ID: 328623
Location: Strensall with Towthorpe, York, YO32
Civil Parish: Strensall with Towthorpe
Built-Up Area: Strensall
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Strensall St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: York
SE 66 SW STRENSALL THE VILLAGE
2/89 No 130 (Station House)
Station, now house. c1848. Probably by G T Andrews for the York and
North Midland Railway. Brick, stone dressings and Welsh slate roof.
Main range with central bay breaking forward, addition to right and cross
wings to rear. 2 storeys, 5 bays with single-storey 2-bay addition to
right. Stone plinth. Central canted bay beneath wide eaves flanked by
sashes with glazing bars beneath cambered brick arches. Right extension:
2-panel door with overlight beneath segmental arch, with sash with glazing
bars beneath segmental arch to left. First floor: continuous stone band
at sill level. Pair of round-arched plate glass sashes flanked by sashes
with glazing bars beneath cambered brick arches, with window opening to
extreme left blocked. End and ridge stacks. The York to Scarborough
line was opened in 1845.
Listing NGR: SE6383260905
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings