History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Stanford with Orleton, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2881 / 52°17'17"N

Longitude: -2.4408 / 2°26'26"W

OS Eastings: 370032

OS Northings: 265643

OS Grid: SO700656

Mapcode National: GBR BY.XV50

Mapcode Global: VH84N.NR19

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 27 February 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1296275

English Heritage Legacy ID: 149393

Location: Stanford with Orleton, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR6

County: Worcestershire

District: Malvern Hills

Civil Parish: Stanford with Orleton

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Teme Valley South

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Stockton on Teme

Listing Text

STANFORD WITH ORLETON CP STANFORD ON TEME
SO 76 NW

6/200 The Old Rectory


- II


Servants' wing of old rectory, now house. Late C18 with mid-C20
alterations. Ashlar, partly roughcast; Welsh slate roofs with parapet
at north-east end and hipped at south-west end, and ridge stacks. Part
two storeys, part two storeys with attic and dormers. Three plus three
bays. Three-bay part to south-west has three ground and first floor
irregularly spaced 9-pane sashes; main entrance to right of centre has
a C20 doorcase with open pediment and pilasters; door with six raised
and fielded panels and panelled reveals probably original. Three-bay
part to north-east has two 6-pane sashes and a C20, and on the ground
floor; three first floor 6-pane sashes; three gabled dormers with 2-
light C20 casements. The main part of the rectory was demolished in
mid-C20 as it was collapsing, due to subsidence. It was built during
the incumbency of Dr George Butt (1771 - 1795) near to the new church,
the Church of St Mary (qv), erected in 1769. (VCH 4, p 341).


Listing NGR: SO7003265643

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.