This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2377 / 51°14'15"N
Longitude: -2.3212 / 2°19'16"W
OS Eastings: 377671
OS Northings: 148778
OS Grid: ST776487
Mapcode National: GBR 0S9.7ZD
Mapcode Global: VH97D.Q47Z
Entry Name: Church of St Mary Attached Church Hall and Vicarage
Listing Date: 31 January 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1296276
English Heritage Legacy ID: 266191
Location: Frome, Mendip, Somerset, BA11
Civil Parish: Frome
Built-Up Area: Frome
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST 7748 6/157
Church of St Mary
attached Church Hall
1864 by C E Giles (see architect's drawings in Church Hall). Small stone church
in "lancet" style, the Church Hall and Rectory grouped picturesquely alongside.
3 to 4 bay nave, angled apse under continued ridge. Coursed rubble with sill,
impost and eaves bands. Triple bellcote to west with decoration ornamentation.
Flèche at crossing. Projecting gabled porch. Interior: the apse is dark. Good
rood based on anchor. 2 light window above pulpit gabled out into roof. Contemporary
pulpit, reredos, rails, benches. Attached Church Hall in similar style with triple
lancet wondows in 4 + 2 bays, divided by arched doorway. Hipped tile roof with
central gabled dormer. Vicarage is 2 storeys with raking top dormers to 1st floor
windows. 2 bays, on ground floor angled bays with lean-to roofs supported on corner
consoles. Casement windows with leaded decoration. 'M'-hipped roof with chimney
stacks in valley.
Listing NGR: ST7767148778
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings