This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9763 / 51°58'34"N
Longitude: -2.7549 / 2°45'17"W
OS Eastings: 348245
OS Northings: 231138
OS Grid: SO482311
Mapcode National: GBR FJ.KP97
Mapcode Global: VH861.6LGB
Entry Name: Lychgate About 20 Yards North-East of the Church of St David
Listing Date: 22 October 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1296882
English Heritage Legacy ID: 155383
Location: Much Dewchurch, County of Herefordshire, HR2
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Much Dewchurch
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Much Dewchurch
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
MUCH DEWCHURCH CP -
SO 43 SE
6/83 Lychgate about 20 yards
north-east of the
Church of St David
Lychgate. 1879. Sandstone ashlar and timber-frame with tiled gambrel roof.
South elevation has deep battered sandstone plinth, segmental arch inscribed
"AD 1879" and brattished rails behind deep eaves. Two-leaved panelled oak
gates with trefoil-headed open top panels. Cross to centre of ridge.
Side elevations to east and west have more open trefoiled panels formed
between high rails and wall-plates. North arch is inscribed:
"In Memoriam Johannis Tournay Parsons DD Quondam Vicarii"
Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SO4824431139
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings