This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0763 / 53°4'34"N
Longitude: -0.8144 / 0°48'51"W
OS Eastings: 479526
OS Northings: 353887
OS Grid: SK795538
Mapcode National: GBR CLM.4Y9
Mapcode Global: WHFHH.GYF0
Entry Name: Old Lock House and Attached Railings
Listing Date: 19 July 1989
Last Amended: 13 August 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1297812
English Heritage Legacy ID: 384970
Location: Newark, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG24
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Newark
Built-Up Area: Newark-on-Trent
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Newark-upon-Trent with Coddington
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
NEWARK ON TRENT
619-1/8/121 (West side (off))
19/07/89 Old lock house and attached railings
(Formerly Listed as:
The Old Lock House and attached
Former Lock Keeper's cottage. 1773. Altered and extended after
the flood of 1875. Colourwashed brick with stone dressings and
gabled and hipped pantile roofs with 3 brick gable stacks.
Plinth, dentillated eaves. Windows are boarded up. 2 storeys;
3 window range, the central window smaller. Below, 2 windows.
All these windows have segmental heads. To left, lean-to
addition with canted porch. Central door with hood, flanked by
single windows. At rear, 2 storey wing, 2 windows. Outside,
dwarf brick wall with chamfered stone coping and iron
spearhead railings and gate.
Listing NGR: SK7952653887
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings