History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Trinity Court

A Grade II* Listed Building in Aylesford, Kent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 51.3042 / 51°18'15"N

Longitude: 0.4822 / 0°28'55"E

OS Eastings: 573121

OS Northings: 159048

OS Grid: TQ731590

Mapcode National: GBR PQS.2QW

Mapcode Global: VHJM6.9HR1

Entry Name: Trinity Court

Listing Date: 1 August 1952

Last Amended: 25 February 1987

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1298997

English Heritage Legacy ID: 179254

Location: Aylesford, Tonbridge and Malling, Kent, ME20

County: Kent

District: Tonbridge and Malling

Civil Parish: Aylesford

Built-Up Area: Ditton

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Church of England Parish: Aylesford St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Rochester

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

TQ 75 NW
(west side)
Trinity Court (formerly
1.8.52 listed as The Hospital of
the Holy Trinity)


Almshouse row. 1607 for John Sedley, restored 1842 for Thomas Robson, and
extended to the south in 1892 for Harry Brassey, by two bays. Random galletted
rubble stone with plain tiled roof. Stacks to rear. 3 small gabled semi-
dormers with gable parapets to left, 2 larger gabled and double-windowed semi-
dormers with gable parapets to right. 1 1/2 storeys; irregular 7-window 1st floor
and 9-window ground floor. Iron casements in stone mullioned surrounds. Single
depressed pointed arched doorways, from left between 1st and 2nd, 2nd and 3rd,
3rd and 4th, 4th and 5th windows and at extreme right end of front. Paired
doorways with depressed pointed arched surrounds under 2 right-hand gables
(therefore between 5th and 6th and 7th and 8th windows from left). All doors
boarded, ribbed and studded. Square plaques with carved coats-of-arms over 1st
single door from left and both paired doorways. Round plaque with triangle in
centre, symbolising trinity over 3rd single doorway from left.

Listing NGR: TQ7319859030

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.