History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Vicarage

A Grade II Listed Building in Priors Marston, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2155 / 52°12'55"N

Longitude: -1.2846 / 1°17'4"W

OS Eastings: 448976

OS Northings: 257713

OS Grid: SP489577

Mapcode National: GBR 7R5.02M

Mapcode Global: VHCVH.PK8Z

Entry Name: The Old Vicarage

Listing Date: 7 January 1952

Last Amended: 21 April 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1299493

English Heritage Legacy ID: 305714

Location: Priors Marston, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV47

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

Civil Parish: Priors Marston

Built-Up Area: Priors Marston

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Priors Marston St Leonard

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Priors Marston

Listing Text

PRIORS MARSTON VICARAGE LANE
SP4857 (North side)
12/138 The Old Vicarage
07/01/52 (Formerly listed as
Vicarage)

GV II

Vicarage, now house. Mid C17, with cross wing said to be dated 1879 on left, and
C19 alterations; probably raised. Regular coursed ironstone; cross wing of
ashlar. Slate double-span roof has coped gable parapets; cross wing has hipped
roof with deep eaves; ashlar ridge stack with moulded cornice; right end stone
stacks have brick shafts. Double-depth plan. 3 storeys; 3-window range. Main
range has central-chamfered Tudor arch doorway in straight head with sunk
spandrels and hood mould. Part-glazed flush 6-panelled door. Late C19 two-light
chamfered mullioned canted bay window has moulded parapet. Plate glass sashes.
3-light double-chamfered mullioned windows with hood moulds. Small central light
on second floor. Cross wing has slightly-projecting corners. Sash with margin
bars on ground floor; 16-pane sash above. Stone lintels with keystones. Left
return side is 3-window range. Square porch has Doric pilasters and moulded
entablature. Moulded 8-panelled door and overlight. Sides have sashes. Windows
similar to entrance front. Right return side irregular. Interior: room to right
has open fireplace with ogee stop-chamfered bressumer. Ogee stop-chamfered
ceiling beams.
(V.C.H.: Warwickshire: Vol. V, p.140).


Listing NGR: SP4897657713

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.