History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Cantle Cottage and Wall Adjoining West and South Sides

A Grade II Listed Building in Hythe, Kent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0723 / 51°4'20"N

Longitude: 1.0834 / 1°5'0"E

OS Eastings: 616107

OS Northings: 134851

OS Grid: TR161348

Mapcode National: GBR V0L.QQM

Mapcode Global: FRA F649.5WM

Entry Name: Cantle Cottage and Wall Adjoining West and South Sides

Listing Date: 21 December 1973

Last Amended: 22 November 1974

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1299551

English Heritage Legacy ID: 175093

Location: Hythe, Shepway, Kent, CT21

County: Kent

District: Shepway

Civil Parish: Hythe

Built-Up Area: Hythe

Traditional County: Kent

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent

Find accommodation in
Hythe

Listing Text

1. CHURCH HILL
1253 (North East Side)

Church Hill Cottage and
Wall adjoining West and
South sides
TR 1634 NW 2/45

II

2.
Early C19. 2 storeys and attics brown brick. Half-hipped tiled roof and modillion
eaves cornice. 1 dormer and window with glazing bars intact. Doorcase in
frame with projecting cornice over, rectangular fanlight and 6 panelled door.
Adjoining is a mediaeval masonry wall, part of a network of such walls, forming
the boundary of gardens and plots of land in the area around the Parish Church
of St Leonard.

Church Hill Cottage and Wall adjoining West and South Sides shall be amended to read
No 16 (Cantle Cottage) and Wall adjoining West and South Sides

------------------------------------------
1.
1253 CHURCH HILL
(North East Side)

Church Hill Cottage and
Wall adjoining West and
South sides
TR 1634 NW 2/45

II


2.
Early C19. 2 storeys and attics brown brick. Half-hipped tiled roof and modillion
eaves cornice. 1 dormer and 1 window with glazing bars intact. Doorcase in
frame with projecting cornice over, rectangular fanlight and 6 panelled door.
Adjoining is a mediaeval masonry wall, part of a network of such walls, forming
the boundary of gardens and plots of land in the area around the Parish Church
of St Leonard.


Listing NGR: TR1610734851

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.