History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Little Lawford Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Lawford, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.391 / 52°23'27"N

Longitude: -1.3124 / 1°18'44"W

OS Eastings: 446892

OS Northings: 277214

OS Grid: SP468772

Mapcode National: GBR 7NZ.50F

Mapcode Global: VHCTQ.65KF

Entry Name: Little Lawford Hall

Listing Date: 4 December 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1299645

English Heritage Legacy ID: 308816

Location: Little Lawford, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23

County: Warwickshire

District: Rugby

Civil Parish: Little Lawford

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Newbold-on-Avon St Botolph

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Brinklow

Listing Text

LITTLE LAWFORD
SP47NE
3/30 Little Lawford Hall
04/12/51

- II

House, said to have been built as stables. Dated 1604, but possibly with earlier
origins. Converted and altered late C18/early C19. Coursed squared limestone
with red sandstone dressings. Slate roof with parapet and coped gable parapets;
brick ridge stacks of 4 and 2 square flues. 4-unit plan. 2 storeys and attic;
4-window range. Splayed plinth and string course, and irregular quoins. Regular
main front. Late C18/early C19 square porch with rendered elliptical archway has
C19 moulded 6-panelled door inside. Parapet has eroded finial. Datestone above.
3-light casements with Gothick-arched lights and glazing bars, and hood moulds.
Ground floor windows cut into plinth; fourth bay has no window. Left return side
has 2-light attic casement with cross glazing. Right return side has C20
three-light casement with old painted wood lintel. 2-light leaded Gothick attic
casement. Irregular rear has 2 dormers. Interior not inspected. The original
Little Lawford Hall was demolished in 1790.
(V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.VI, p.187; Buildings of England: Warwickshire,
p.344).


Listing NGR: SP4689277214

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.