History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Birdingbury, Warwickshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3137 / 52°18'49"N

Longitude: -1.3673 / 1°22'2"W

OS Eastings: 443225

OS Northings: 268588

OS Grid: SP432685

Mapcode National: GBR 7PP.WN5

Mapcode Global: VHCV2.830M

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 6 October 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1299773

English Heritage Legacy ID: 308652

Location: Birdingbury, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV23

County: Warwickshire

District: Rugby

Civil Parish: Birdingbury

Built-Up Area: Birdingbury

Traditional County: Warwickshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire

Church of England Parish: Birdingbury St Leonard

Church of England Diocese: Coventry

Find accommodation in
Long Itchington

Listing Text

BIRDIN8BURY FRANKTON ROAD
SP46NW (East side)
5/11 The Old Rectory
06/10/60
II
House, formerly rectory. c.1830. Stuccoed, Old tile hipped roof set back behind
deep panelled eaves with paired modillions; brick internal and end stacks to
rear. L-plan, with wing on left to rear. 2 storeys; 5-window range. Slightly
irregular main front to garden. Central half-glazed moulded 6-panelled door and
sidelights have moulded wood surround, all under elliptical fanlight with
decorative glazing. Greek Doric porch has plain entablature. 16-pane sashes.
Rear is irregular. Single-storey canted angle projection has flush 6-panelled
door and curved hood on iron brackets. Round-arched slightly curved staircase
window. Early C20 casements with glazing bars. Interior: entrance hall has
semi-circular end wall. Open string staircase has stick balusters and column
newel. Moulded dentil cornice to hall and landing. Sidelights of door and
moulded round-arched landing window have stained glass panels of c.1873. Landing
window has archway to left and alcove to right with moulded round arch and
brackets. Moulded 6-panelled doors, and reeded and gadrooned window and door
surrounds with corner roundels throughout. Room to left has mid C18 style carved
wood fireplace.


Listing NGR: SP4322568588

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.