This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0728 / 52°4'22"N
Longitude: -1.3985 / 1°23'54"W
OS Eastings: 441324
OS Northings: 241772
OS Grid: SP413417
Mapcode National: GBR 7SR.17R
Mapcode Global: VHBYR.Q51B
Entry Name: Crown Yard
Listing Date: 8 December 1955
Last Amended: 20 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1299910
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244784
Location: Wroxton, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX15
Civil Parish: Wroxton
Built-Up Area: Wroxton
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Wroxton with Balscote
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WROXTON MAIN STREET
10/227 Crown Yard
08/12/55 (Formerly listed as Cottage
approx. 35yds SW of the
House and attached cottage now one building. Left part. Early C18. Coursed
squared ironstone with C20-wood shingle roof. Brick ridge stack. 2-unit plan. 2
storeys. 4-window range. Entrance to left reached via stone steps. Plank door,
moulded wood frame and wood lintel. Two 3-light wood casement windows to right
with wrought-iron casement fasteners and wood lintels. Four C20 attic windows,
under swept roof line. Rear has a 2-storey staircase projection. Right part.
Late C17. Coursed ironstone rubble. Steeply pitched wood shingle roof. Brick end
stack. Single-unit plan. 2 storeys plus cellar. Entrance to rear. Elevation to
street has a flat-splay 3-light stone mullioned window. Ground and first floors
each have 3-light metal casement windows in wood frames. Lead cames, crown glass
and wrought-iron casement fasteners. Interior not inspected. Marked on O.S. map
as The Quillet and The Steps.
Listing NGR: SP4132441772
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings