This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3349 / 52°20'5"N
Longitude: -1.6766 / 1°40'35"W
OS Eastings: 422133
OS Northings: 270808
OS Grid: SP221708
Mapcode National: GBR 5LF.NXK
Mapcode Global: VHBX7.WKJX
Entry Name: Stable Block Approximately 50 Metres North North East of Wroxall Abbey School Main Building and Attached Cottages to Rear
Listing Date: 16 February 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1299980
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308407
Location: Beausale, Haseley, Honiley and Wroxall, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV35
Civil Parish: Beausale, Haseley, Honiley and
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Honiley St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
(south west side)
Stable block approx
50 m NNE of Wroxall
Abbey School main
building and attached
cottages to rear
Stable block, now converted to outbuildings and dwellings. Circa 1866 by Walter
Scott of Liverpool for James Dugdale. Grey brick plinth; red brick with some
stone dressings; slate roof; various brick stacks. U-shaped courtyard plan. High
Victorian Gothic style. Single storey and attic; 5-bay main range with single-bay
cross-wings to left and right, having lower single storey and attic, 4-bay wings
enclosing courtyard. Segmental pointed carriage archway to centre. Irregular
fenestration, mostly of sashes with segmental pointed brick heads. Gabled
half-dormers to attics. Cross-gable to centre with datestone of 1866. Clock
tower to centre, with stone columns to corners of clock stage. Frieze of blind
lancets. Pyramidal slate roof with louvred gablets and wrought-iron finial.
Interior not inspected. Brick walls and iron gates close courtyard. Two C19
cottages attached to rear.
Listing NGR: SP2213370808
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings