This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3457 / 51°20'44"N
Longitude: -2.2517 / 2°15'6"W
OS Eastings: 382564
OS Northings: 160764
OS Grid: ST825607
Mapcode National: GBR 1SC.FKH
Mapcode Global: VH96V.XFGR
Entry Name: 14, St Margaret's Street
Listing Date: 18 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1300135
English Heritage Legacy ID: 312683
Location: Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Bradford-on-Avon
Built-Up Area: Bradford on Avon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bradford-on-Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1. ST MARGARET'S STREET
5411 (East Side)
ST 8260 2/113 18.4.52.
Early C19. Ashlar, rusticated quoins. 3 storeys, 3 windows, sashes in
plain reveals, glazing bars. Ground floor windows in semi-circular-arched
recesses. Plain string at 1st and 2nd floor levels, moulded cornice and
plain parapet. Plinth course. Central doorway with semi-circular head
in narrow arched recess, fanlight with glazing bars, 6-panelled door.
6 stone steps up to door with plain wrought-iron handrails.
The Three Horseshoes and Nos 1 to 4 (consec) Frome Road form a group with
the Liberal Club, The Baptist Chapel, the Congregational Church and Hall
and Nos 6 to 16 (consec), 19 to 22 (consec), 36, 42 to 49 (consec) and Westbury
House, St Margaret's Street and No 1 St Margaret's Hill.
Listing NGR: ST8256460764
Other nearby listed buildings