This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2807 / 52°16'50"N
Longitude: -1.59 / 1°35'23"W
OS Eastings: 428068
OS Northings: 264810
OS Grid: SP280648
Mapcode National: GBR 5M4.SZV
Mapcode Global: VHBXH.DX9Z
Entry Name: Congregational Chapel
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Last Amended: 19 March 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1300288
English Heritage Legacy ID: 307387
Location: Warwick, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34
Civil Parish: Warwick
Built-Up Area: Warwick
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Warwick St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
1781 BROOK STREET
(South East Side)
listed as Congregational
SP 2864 NW 1/411 10.1.53.
Originally built by Independents in or about 1758 and enlarged in 1798
and 1825. Interior consists of a rectangular room with gallery supported
on slender pillars on three sides. 'Regency' plaster decoration on wall
behind pulpit. 19th century pews. Pulpit in centre of wall behind communion
table. Stucco pedimented front with pilasters, 1825.
The Congregational Chapel and Gateway form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2806864810
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings