This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7547 / 51°45'16"N
Longitude: -1.5296 / 1°31'46"W
OS Eastings: 432569
OS Northings: 206323
OS Grid: SP325063
Mapcode National: GBR 6VX.XTH
Mapcode Global: VHC07.F5R6
Entry Name: Stables Circa 20 Metres to South of Lew House
Listing Date: 4 May 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1300917
English Heritage Legacy ID: 253553
Location: Lew, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX18
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Lew
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bampton with Clanfield
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 30 NW LEW
3/242 Stables c. 20m to S of
Stables. 1909, the side wings possibly incorporating older buildings. Coursed
rubble limestone with semi-dressed quoins and stone slate roof, half-hipped over
central block. U-plan. Taller central block has lofted coach-house, with sliding
doors to wide central entry, and small casement and board door to either side.
Above are a central boarded loft door with gable over, and flanking small 3-light
casements. To centre of ridge is a square turret with ogee roof on wooden posts.
Low flanking stable ranges, the north-east range with 5 bays of stable doors
and windows, the south-west with 3 smaller bays. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SP3256906323
Other nearby listed buildings