This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1585 / 52°9'30"N
Longitude: -2.8755 / 2°52'31"W
OS Eastings: 340205
OS Northings: 251500
OS Grid: SO402515
Mapcode National: GBR FC.63CV
Mapcode Global: VH77R.30PL
Entry Name: Marlbrook House and Attached Outbuilding
Listing Date: 20 February 1953
Last Amended: 10 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1301256
English Heritage Legacy ID: 149949
Location: Weobley, County of Herefordshire, HR4
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Weobley
Built-Up Area: Weobley
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Weobley
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 4051 - 4151 WEOBLEY CP MILL BANK (west side)
14/167 Marlbrook House and
(formerly listed as
20.2.53 Marlbrook House,
House and outbuilding. C15, partly rebuilt C16, extended C17 and mid-C20.
Timber-frame with wattle-and-daub infill on a coursed rubble plinth under
a slate roof. L-plan, three-bay C16 hall range to south-east and two-bay
C15 cross-wing to south-west, extended to south in C16 and C20. North-east
front of two storeys, with jettied cross-wing to right which has a 2-light
casement to each floor. Entrance to left-hand side has a C19 half-glazed
door. Hall range is also of two storeys with three windows, to left a 5-light
window with chamfered wooden mullions, the others are 2-light casements.
Ground floor has a 3-light casement to the right and a square bay to the left
with a gable. To left-hand end a single-storey carriage entrance with double
doors. Framing of C15 cross-wing is four square panels high with curved braces
to the jetty rising from pilasters. The two outer panels on the gable have
pairs of angle braces, that to left forming a two centred arch, to right a
trefoil. Gable-end truss has three struts to collar and curved struts in
the apex. The C15 bargeboards have cusped decoration. The side wall has
curved angle braces. The hall range is four square panels high with angle
braces. The C17 rear range is three square panels high with woven infill
and boards in grooves. Interior the cross-wing has a cusped roof. (RCHM,
3, p 202-3, no 54).
Listing NGR: SO4020551500
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings