This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.9123 / 53°54'44"N
Longitude: -1.1951 / 1°11'42"W
OS Eastings: 452973
OS Northings: 446538
OS Grid: SE529465
Mapcode National: GBR NR36.29
Mapcode Global: WHDB3.MX4M
Entry Name: Bilbrough Grange
Listing Date: 12 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1301257
English Heritage Legacy ID: 325931
Location: Bilbrough, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO23
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Bilbrough
Built-Up Area: Bilbrough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Marston Moor
Church of England Diocese: York
SE 54 NW BILBROUGH MAIN STREET
2/15 Bilbrough Grange
House. Early-mid C18 with mid-late C18 and C19 additions and alterations.
'MS / 1755' on rainwater head to right gable end. Pinkish-orange brick with
ashlar dressings and Welsh slate roof. Original block of 2 storeys and
5 bays with later C18 2-storey, 2-bay addition to left extending as wing to
rear. Further low 2-storey ranges to centre and right at rear, the latter
with C19 extension. 2 course plinth. Present (C20) entrance to rear.
18-pane sashes in flush wood architraves under flat brick arches and with
stone cills throughout. 3-course first floor band. 6-course band above
first floor windows. Low parapet with ashlar coping and 3 ball finials.
Roof in 2 levels. End, ridge and front stacks. To rear, staircase window,
sash with glazing bars with radial glazing in the head. Interior: ground
floor room has C18 panelling, fireplace under moulded picture frame between
recessed alcoves, a dentil cornice and shutters. Hall has moulded ceiling
and coffered arch. Open well staircase with cast-iron blausters ornamented
with paterae and wreathed oak handrail. Room to rear left wing has
elaborate cornice decorated with cupids playing amongst goats and grapes.
Fireplace decorated with urns and swags. Moulded cornices to some other
Listing NGR: SE5297346538
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings