This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1143 / 52°6'51"N
Longitude: -1.9238 / 1°55'25"W
OS Eastings: 405314
OS Northings: 246221
OS Grid: SP053462
Mapcode National: GBR 3L5.DF9
Mapcode Global: VHB0T.L4T0
Entry Name: Church of St Mary and St Milburgh
Listing Date: 30 July 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1301324
English Heritage Legacy ID: 148753
Location: Offenham, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: Offenham
Built-Up Area: Offenham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Offenham
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
OFFENHAM CP MAIN STREET (west side)
SP 0446 - SP 0546
11/149 Church of St Mary and
Parish church. C15 tower, remainder built 1861-2 by F Preedy. West tower, nave,
north aisle, chancel. Coursed lias rubble with ashlar dressings and tile roof.
West tower to two stages with diagonal buttresses, crenellated parapet with crocketted
pinnacles and gargoyles below. Belfry openings of two ogee trefoiled heads under
square label. Ground stage has a small west window with ogee head and a crocketted
label. Nave of four bays with south porch to western bay, a gabled stone proch
with a 2-centred arch. Two windows of two pointed lights under 2-centred heads
to east, third window of three lights under 2-centred head. Chancel:
with two trefoiled lights under a 2-centred head to west, a trefoiled lancet to
east. East window of three trefoiled lights under 2-centred head with label.
North aisle of four bays, divided by stepped buttresses, inner two having windows
of two 2-centred lights, outer bays with trefoiled lancets. Interior: nave has
C15 tower arch which has a 2-centred arch, spandrels filled with foliage below
square label. North arcade of four bays with circular and octagonal columns to
2-centred arches of two orders. Chancel-arch, 2-centred of two orders, inner order
on respond shafts. Roofs: nave of four bays with arch-braced collar trusses on
stone corbels. Aisle roof, four bays, has collars with scissors-braces to trusses.
Chancel of three bays, similar to nave. Fittings: octagonal C15 front with quatrefoil
side panels. (VCH, 2, p 423; BoE, p 288 Gordon Barnes, Frederick Preedy, Evesham,
Listing NGR: SP0531446221
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings