This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1962 / 52°11'46"N
Longitude: -2.8892 / 2°53'21"W
OS Eastings: 339317
OS Northings: 255701
OS Grid: SO393557
Mapcode National: GBR FB.3ZYP
Mapcode Global: VH77J.V2Y7
Entry Name: Luntley Court
Listing Date: 20 February 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1301555
English Heritage Legacy ID: 149816
Location: Dilwyn, County of Herefordshire, HR6
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Dilwyn
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Dilwyn and Stretford
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 35 NE DILWYN CP LYNTLEY
3/34 Luntley Court
House. Probably early C17, remodelled 1674 with some early and late C20
restoration. Timber-frame with rendered infill on a coursed rubble plinth
with tile roof. Probably H-plan originally, with extensive additions in
the late C17. North-west front of five bays, all gabled save that to the
right. They are mostly two storeys with gable-lit attics. The left-hand
bay has a 3-light casement to both floors and is six square panels high.
The gable above contains decorative framing with concave quadrant braces.
The next bay has two windows, a 2-light and a 4-light casement, over a 6-
light casement. The framing is four square panels high to the ground floor,
two square panels high above. The central bay contains the jettied porch
which has a 3-light casement, pendants on the corner posts. Front wall on
ground floor has an open arcade with turned balusters. Entrance in each side
has a square head incised "1674" and a moulded frame. The main entrance has
a shaped lintel, moulded frame and the battened door is nail studded with
ornamental strap hinges. The gable has dentilled bargeboards and a pendant
finial. The bay to the right of the porch has a 3-light casement in the gable,
a small 2-light casement to the left on the first floor and a 6-light casement
below. The framing is five square panels high with four struts to the collar
and V-struts in the apex. The final bay to the right has a canted bay window
with a hipped roof. The interior has not been inspected, but has numerous
exposed ceiling beams, both moulded and chamfered. (RCHM, 3, pp 39-40; BoE,
Listing NGR: SO3931755701
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings