This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1292 / 52°7'45"N
Longitude: -3.0137 / 3°0'49"W
OS Eastings: 330701
OS Northings: 248361
OS Grid: SO307483
Mapcode National: GBR F5.8527
Mapcode Global: VH77N.QR34
Entry Name: Lady Arbour Farmhouse
Listing Date: 19 August 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1301625
English Heritage Legacy ID: 150598
Location: Eardisley, County of Herefordshire, HR3
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Eardisley
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Eardisley with Bollingham and Willersley
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 34 NW
off A 411 (west side)
Lady Arbour Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Late C17, altered mid-C19 and mid-C20. Rubble with hipped
stone tiled roof and swept, overhanging bracketed eaves. Roof re-tiled
circa 1940 and brick stack to main ridge rebuilt. There are also original
rubble end chimneys which have handmade brick stacks and segmental-arched
blind arcading with impost bands. Two storeys, attic with dormer and cellar.
Four bays. Windows have C19 ashlar sills, ground floor windows have C19
hoodmoulds with returns. Windows on main storeys are all of mullion and
transom type, some with original solid frames; the window in the third bay
of the ground floor has been replaced with a 3-light casement. Central hipped-
roofed dormer with 2-light casement. Main entrance in second bay has a C19
gabled painted brick porch with a four-centred archway, double doors and,
within, an original C17 door. At the left end is a single-storey and attic
service wing of five bays. There is a small area of timber-framing with
brick infill in the front elevation. The fenestration is irregular and has
largely inserted C20 casements. There is also a C20 gabled timber porch.
At the rear left end is a two-bay rubble wing, the lower part of the walls
is C17 or earlier. Adjoining the right end of the main house is a three-bay
single-storey converted pigsty. It has two 2-light C20 casements and a door
in its front elevation. Interior: timber-framed internal walling survives
with rendered infill. Main ceiling beams are stop-chamfered. Some original
panelling and doors retained, also original dog-leg staircase with moulded
handrail and square moulded newels. The house was built on an E-plan, the
central rear wing housing the staircase; the space between the wings has since
been filled in, probably during-the C19. (RCHM, III, p 56, item 59).
Listing NGR: SO3070148361
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings