This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1499 / 52°8'59"N
Longitude: -2.8234 / 2°49'24"W
OS Eastings: 343757
OS Northings: 250502
OS Grid: SO437505
Mapcode National: GBR FF.6Q9F
Mapcode Global: VH77S.07Q6
Entry Name: Granary and Stables About 20 Yards East of Black Hall
Listing Date: 9 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1301680
English Heritage Legacy ID: 149721
Location: King's Pyon, County of Herefordshire, HR4
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: King's Pyon
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: King's Pyon
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
KING'S PYON CP -
SO 45 SW
1/40 Granary and stables
about 20 yards east
of Black Hall
Granary and stables. Probably late C17 to C18 with mid-C19 extension.
Sandstone rubble, timber-framed with brick and plaster infill and brick
extension. Welsh slate and corrugated iron roofs. T-plan with cross-
wing at west end of five-bay main range. Two storeys. South elevation
has four square first floor openings in timber-framed part and entry to
left of centre with tallet stairs rising from the right. Ground floor has
small square opening and two double-width entries. Beneath the stairs is
another doorway. C19 gable to left has stable doors. East gable has
lozenge shaped panels above tie. Frame is four square panels high from
cill to wall-plate. Interior of main range has trusses with raking struts
and pegged king-posts. Some ties have curved braces from wall-posts one
of which, probably from another earlier building, is heavily moulded.
Listing NGR: SO4375750502
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings