This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.0232 / 51°1'23"N
Longitude: -1.3145 / 1°18'52"W
OS Eastings: 448174
OS Northings: 125094
OS Grid: SU481250
Mapcode National: GBR 86F.Y6G
Mapcode Global: FRA 864D.V0M
Entry Name: Mildmay House
Listing Date: 5 December 1955
Last Amended: 2 April 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1302057
English Heritage Legacy ID: 145951
Location: Twyford, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21
Civil Parish: Twyford
Built-Up Area: Twyford (Winchester)
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Twyford St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 10/10/2012
SU 42 NE
(Formerly listed as The Vicarage)
(Formerly listed as Vicarage and Barn under General)
House. Circa 1700, enlarged C19, old plain tile roof. 5 bay double pile
house with range added to rear C19. Central 6-panel door with lugged
architrave and later crude shell hood on plain console brackets from lugs.
Each side tall thin 4-pane sash. In other bays C18 12-pane flush-framed
sash. 1st floor moulded brick string stopped each side of centre bay.
On 1st floor 5 12-pane flush frame sashes with centre sash in rubbed brick
architrave with moulded sill. All windows have rendered rubbed brick arches.
Coved plaster eaves to hipped roof with 3 2-light flat roofed dormers.
Large stacks behind ridge, on return ridges. Interior C18 and C19 with C18
doors, fireplaces and staircase.
Listing NGR: SU4817425094
Other nearby listed buildings