This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.0425 / 55°2'32"N
Longitude: -1.8813 / 1°52'52"W
OS Eastings: 407685
OS Northings: 572002
OS Grid: NZ076720
Mapcode National: GBR HB94.H6
Mapcode Global: WHC37.2JF7
Entry Name: 8 Headstones 5-15 Yards South-East of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 22 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1302108
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238900
Location: Stamfordham, Northumberland, NE18
Civil Parish: Stamfordham
Built-Up Area: Stamfordham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Stamfordham
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
STAMFORDHAM THE GREEN
NZ 0772 (West side)
28/414 8 headstones 5-15
yards south-east of
Church of St. Mary
Group of 8 sandstone headstones.
1. William Potts. 1789, Scrolled pedimented top. Angel's head flanked by
angels bearing symbols of eternity. 2 other angels above hold a text.
2. Archibold and Margaret Goodfellow. 1783 and 1789. Scrolled pedimented top
with a crowned angel and symbols of eternity.
3. David Barron. 1769. Shaped and enriched top with cherub and swags.
4. Elizabeth Hall. 1785. Scrolled pedimented top. Sunk panel with enriched
moulding. 2 angels with swags.
5. 1791. Inscription worn. Scrolled pedimented top. Roundel bearing coat
of arms, flanked by symbols of death and eternity.
6. 1761. Inscription worn. Segmental pedimented top with angel.
7. Mary Warton. Mid C18. Scrolled pedimented top with angel.
8. John and Elizabeth White. 1770. Segmental top with skull.
Listing NGR: NZ0768572002
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings