This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.2601 / 54°15'36"N
Longitude: -1.8695 / 1°52'10"W
OS Eastings: 408598
OS Northings: 484939
OS Grid: SE085849
Mapcode National: GBR HMD5.1N
Mapcode Global: WHC73.8600
Entry Name: St Simon's Chapel Ruins
Listing Date: 13 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1302119
English Heritage Legacy ID: 322517
Location: Caldbergh with East Scrafton, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL8
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Caldbergh with East Scrafton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
SE 08 SE
7/35 St Simon's Chapel ruins
Chapel ruins. 1328. Rubble. Chapel rectangular in plan, approximately
20 metres long and 6 metres wide. North wall standing approximately
2 metres high, south wall approximately 1 metre high, little but footings
survive of end walls. The chapel was founded in 1328 by Ranulph Pigot, and
maintained by Coverham Abbey.
Listing NGR: SE0859884939
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings