History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Husseys

A Grade II* Listed Building in Froyle, Hampshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1931 / 51°11'35"N

Longitude: -0.9065 / 0°54'23"W

OS Eastings: 476505

OS Northings: 144332

OS Grid: SU765443

Mapcode National: GBR C90.5MD

Mapcode Global: VHDY6.78LQ

Entry Name: Husseys

Listing Date: 31 July 1963

Last Amended: 31 May 1985

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1302242

English Heritage Legacy ID: 141932

Location: Froyle, East Hampshire, Hampshire, GU34

County: Hampshire

District: East Hampshire

Civil Parish: Froyle

Traditional County: Hampshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire

Church of England Parish: Froyle The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Church of England Diocese: Winchester

Find accommodation in
Lower Froyle

Listing Text

SU 74 SE FROYLE HUSSEYS LANE, Lower
Froyle

5/25 Husseys,( formerly
listed as Husseys Farm-
31/07/63 house.)

GV II*

Large house. C16, with cladding of the C18 and early C19. Mainly brick walls,
and a tile roof. Timber-framed structure with rear wings, with C18 extensions of
2 storeys at the front (east side) and early C19 smaller additions (between the
wings) at the rear. The south elevation is 2 storeys, with 6.4 windows. Hipped
roof, 2 hips behind a parapet at the east side. Walls of Flemish bond, 1st floor
bond, rubbed flat arches, plinth; the east side has a parapet band and 2 wider
windows (of later insertion) to the ground floor, with cambered openings.
Sashes, 1 casement. Cast-iron (C20) rainwater heads bear the date 1603. The
west end has a large stack and tile hanging of the upper walls, and the entrance
re-uses the C18 doorcase, which has a shell-hood, carved brackets, pilasters with
Corinthian caps and panelled reveals. The rear elevation, and east end, has
exposed framing, but also brick walls (early C19) of Flemish bond, with cambered
openings, plinth, and cast-iron diamond casements; the large panelled stack
(and the west stack) indicates that the chimneys were attached to the outside
of the frame. Inside, there is a Tudor fireplace and some exposure of the
timber-frame.


Listing NGR: SU7650544332

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.