This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0437 / 52°2'37"N
Longitude: -2.847 / 2°50'49"W
OS Eastings: 342004
OS Northings: 238704
OS Grid: SO420387
Mapcode National: GBR FD.FJF8
Mapcode Global: VH784.LWRP
Entry Name: Row of Three Pritchard Monuments About 12 Yards South of the Easternmost Window of the South Aisle of the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Listing Date: 21 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1302326
English Heritage Legacy ID: 155098
Location: Madley, County of Herefordshire, HR2
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Madley
Built-Up Area: Madley
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Madley with Tyberton
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 43 NW MADLEY CP -
4/45 Row of three Pritchard
monuments about 12 yards
south of the easternmost
window of the south side
of the south aisle of the
Church of the Nativity of
the Blessed Virgin Mary
Three chest tombs. The northern one is for Elizabeth Pritchard, died 1792.
Sandstone ashlar, flat capping, curved end panels with putti-heads and floral
The centre one is for James Pritchard, died 1785. Sandstone ashlar, flat
capping, corner balusters and squared margins.
The southern one is for Ann Pritchard, died 1837. Sandstone ashlar. Hipped
capping, moulded base, fluted corner balusters, oval inscription panels with
paterae to corners.
The last two monuments heavily overgrown at the time of survey (July 1985).
Listing NGR: SO4200438704
Other nearby listed buildings