History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

South Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Perlethorpe cum Budby, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2232 / 53°13'23"N

Longitude: -1.0777 / 1°4'39"W

OS Eastings: 461671

OS Northings: 369968

OS Grid: SK616699

Mapcode National: GBR 9FP.Y25

Mapcode Global: WHFGS.F70W

Entry Name: South Farmhouse

Listing Date: 11 August 1961

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1302593

English Heritage Legacy ID: 242231

Location: Perlethorpe cum Budby, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: Perlethorpe cum Budby

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Edwinstowe

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Ollerton

Listing Text

PERLETHORPE THE LANE
SK 66 NW
CUM BUDBY (west side)
3/88 South Farmhouse
11.8.61
G.V. II

Farmhouse. Early C19. Rear range probably mid C19. Brick,
rendered, with slate roof. 4 gable stacks. 2 storeys, plus
garrets, 3 bays. Double depth plan. Windows are mostly Gothick
casements. East front has central canted hipped porch with 3
round headed openings and half glazed door. Flanked by single
casements. Above, 3 casements, the central one smaller. To
north, single storey gabled addition with concrete tile roof. To
east, casement with segmental head. North gable has a Gothick
casement. South gable has 2 Gothick casements. Above, to right,
casement to garret. Brick rear elevation has mainly glazing bar
sashes and openings with rubbed brick heads. To left, single
bay, single storey brick addition with concrete tile roof. To
west, 2 doors and glazing bar sash with segmental head. This
building is part of the complete Estate Village laid out by Earl
Manvers of Thoresby Park 1807-1812.


Listing NGR: SK6167169968

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.